Play Hearts Card Game Online
Enjoy one of the most famous trick-taking card games – Hearts. Here you can play online hearts for free with people from all over the World. Join thousands of other players in this Hearts card-game multiplayer adventure.
Hearts is a 4-player trick-taking card game where the aim is to avoid getting penalty points. Each heart is worth one penalty point and the queen of spades is worth 13 penalty points. The other cards have no value. There is no trump suit. You can read the full rules of Hearts on our rules page.
VIP Hearts is more than a simple card game. What makes our platform better is the ease of finding a balanced game and the community behind the whole platform. We provide a complex matchmaking system that guarantees the thrill of each Internet Hearts game you play.
Key Features and Benefits of VIP Hearts
- Random card-dealing system with as close to real shuffling as possible – no favors, only luck!
- Abandon penalty and bot-replacement for enjoyable and competitive Hearts matches.
- Full Facebook integration – invite your friends and share gifts!
- Complete cross-platform – play hearts with friends on any device with one account!
- The most dynamic card-gaming experience
- Free chips from a daily bonus, scratch cards, wheel of fortune and friend invites!
- Error proof reconnection – get back into the game no matter what happens!
- Play vs AI in a special training room or vs real people online!
- Cool animated gifts, abuse-free phrases and emoticon system!
Hearts Online on any device!
VIP Hearts is a true cross-device platform. This means you can enjoy Hearts with the same account on your phone, your desktop computer, or even your Smart TV. And the best part is it is completely free! You can download VIP Hearts from the Appstore or Google Play, or you can play directly in your browser without any downloads or plugins! VIP Hearts runs smoothly on any resolution and on any device!
Gaming Platform Introduction
Interesting posts from our Official Blog
Topics include tips, strategies, news and patch notes, facts from the world of card games and much more!
Hearts is a card game that requires strategy and skill. Whether you are playing online or with friends, you can learn how to win at hearts more often here.
Learn advanced strategies when it comes to passing cards, counting hands, and generally beating your opponents with style. Read a list of several strategies that will improve your game at Hearts card game.
Read about the five different playstyles Heart players practice. Learn their strengths and weaknesses, understand when to switch between them and excel your Hearts skills.
Join a community of passionate and knowledgeable card players
Meeting like-minded people has never been easier! We provide the best place to play Hearts online – share strategies, test concepts and prove you are the best! We are also actively working towards growing the community on a higher level – you can find hearts strategies and tips on our official blog. You can also follow us on Instagram for Hearts related posts and art.
If you don’t want to miss any news regarding your favorite game, be sure to subscribe to our newsletter!
- Weekly, global and tournament leader-boards – show you can be the best to everyone!
- Gifting in and out of the game – show your emotions and appreciation!
- Likes, friend invites and private messages – exchange likes with the players you encounter or invite them to be friends! Send private messages and invite people to play hearts!
- Customise your profile – write a creative status and share your images in your personal image gallery!
- Enter the most social globalized community of Hearts player with the rules we all know and respect!
The game is constantly being improved and new features and game modes will be added as time goes by. Enjoy a game of Hearts plus all the unique interactions that cross platform play gives you!
Terms and slang in Hearts card game
As any game that stood the test of time, Hearts has it’s own slang and terms, seasoned players are familiar with. For your convenience, we have compiled a list with some of the most often used terms that might help you when you play hearts online or in person.
This term refers to discarding the first heart in the game, thus allowing Hearts to be led after that.
Smoking out the queen
When players lead with lower Spades in a try to lure out the player holding the Queen of Spades.
Shooting the moon
Winning every penalty card, scoring 0 points and adding 26 to every opponent.
The term Slam the moon is also used for this.
Painting the trick
Discarding a penalty card on a trick, that doesn’t start with a heart or a Queen of Spades.
Alternative Names of Hearts
Hearts is played worldwide and as such a famous game, it has different variations and names. here are the most famous alternative names of the game, as how some countries know and play it:
- In Australia it is called Rickety Kate.
- In Great Britain, they call it Black Maria. Dirty lady or Slippery Bitch are also used.
- Dame de Pique is the name they use in French Canada.
- Played by slightly different rules, in China this game is known as Gong Zhu (Catch the pig).
Other games by us
VIP Games awaits you! Expect the launch of the most social gaming platform! You will be able to find all of your favorite card and board games online in one place. Other than the most popular classic games, we have included new additions that have risen in popularity in recent times.
Connect with thousands of players from all around the world and make meaningful connections that last! Discuss interesting topics and get to know the players on a personal level. Build a helpful community and invite your friends.
How do I play?
When we find you a worthy opponent, we will send you a game invitation. Leaving games is punishable!
How do I enter the site?
- Login with Facebook: For faster registration, use your Facebook account. Your avatar and username will be transferred automatically, allowing you to change them later. You will have access to the full functionality of the site and you will be able to play with your Facebook friends.
- Login with Email: Use this method if you signed up with your email address to VIPHearts.com. Choose “Login” from the welcome screen. There, use your credentials to login.
- Enter as guest: Use this method, to visit the site before you register. As a guest, you will have limited access to the site. You get a small amount of starting chips, you can’t play against real players, only with AI partners and opponents. You won’t be included in leaderboards, won’t be able to purchase items from the store, view user profiles, or socialize with the community.
- Log in with Google: Use this to log in to your currently active Google account. This will give you full access to the website and allow you to utilize the cross-platform features that VIP Hearts offers.
What are chips?
Read the complete list of frequently asked questions at our Official page with answers.